c/o KEB Management Services
6017 Pine Ridge Road #262 Naples, Florida 34119
The budget meeting of the Novela Homeowners Association, Inc. was held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, at 1:00 pm in the library at the Renaissance Center Club, 28191 Matteotti View, Bonita Springs, FL 34135.
Present and Constituting a Quorum were Directors: Jim Chorley Doug O’Connell Brian Shea Russ Standlee
Proof of Notice: Mr. Bloom advised that in accordance with Florida law, notices were mailed out 14 days in advance to the homeowners. The notice was mailed on October 17, 2018.
Approve Minutes from 2018 Budget Meeting
Doug O’Connell motioned to approve the minutes from the 2018 budget meeting.
Jim Chorley seconded. Approved.
Review and Approve Budget for 2019
The neighborhood assessment did not increase for 2019. The Palmira Master HOA budget has a proposed increase of $87.35 per home per quarter. Mainscape has an increase for 2019 but this is offset by lower mulch costs. At the end of 2018, the reserve account is estimated to be $99,000. The only reserve item is an irrigation pump which has a replacement cost of $38,000. Because the reserves are adequately funded, the board chose not to fund reserves this year which will help offset some of the increase from the Master HOA assessment.
Jim Chorley motioned to approve the budget as presented for 2019. Russ Standlee seconded. Budget approved.
- Approximately $30,000 was spent on Hurricane Irma expenses which came out of operating expenses. To refund the operating account, the board wants to move $30,000 from the reserve account to the operating account.
Jim Chorley motioned to move $30,000 from the reserve account to the operating account. Russ Standlee seconded. Approved
- Jim Chorley motioned to appoint Cheryl Laventure to serve as fifth board member.
Brian Shea seconded. Approved.
- Speeding continues on Speranza Way. The board discussed the pros and cons of speed bumps/speed humps. A resident requested a third caution sign be placed in Novela. On the agenda of the Master HOA meeting, a representative from All Traffic Solutions will be speaking on different solutions to control speeding. Residents are encouraged to attend.
- The cane toad clean out by Pesky Varmits seems to be helping control the numbers. The number of cane toads they collect has decreased. The CDD is putting traps in the lakes to attract the tadpoles.
- A special committee was formed to review and make recommendations for renovating the Renaissance Center Club facilities. The architect Palmira has hired will speak at the next Master HOA meeting.
After discussion of painting mailboxes, the board decided to paint all the mailboxes at one time and move funds from reserves to the operating budget. KEB previously did a good job about 3 to 4 years ago and the board agreed to sole source KEB to do it again at $75 x 109 boxes to include painting mail box, gold numbers and new red flag with a targeted completion of March 1, 2019
Jim Chorley motioned to paint all the mailboxes in Novela. Doug O’Connell seconded. Approved.
Doug O’Connell motioned to amend the previous motion to transfer money from the reserve account to the operating account. Instead of $30,000, the amount will be $40,000 to also cover the costs of the mailbox painting. Russ Standlee seconded. Approved.
Doug O’Connell motioned to adjourn. Russ Standlee seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 2:32 pm
Ken Bloom, Property Manager, Novela HOA